"Here is a true story. I recently went to my local IRS office to ask a tax question. When I got there I could not get in because the office was closed until 12:30 for lunch. When I came back there was a line to get in. An employee made an announcement that due to the sequester, they are short staffed and the wait could be up to an hour. When I did get in the person who met me said that office did not answer tax questions and that I should call the IRS help number. I said the reason I went to the office is because when I call the number I am put on hold. If the government shuts down and they lock the door on that office that’s OK with me." —– By Jack
Stepping away from all the partisan BS, both Elephants and Donkeys alike hold equal responsibility for putting our nation into debt. They have sold-out to their campaign donors, and private interest lobby groups….making a mockery of our Constitution. These people on both sides of the aisle, past and present, have been absolutely complicit in It’s creation!
- 2012 US defense budget = 683.7 billion.
- 43% of TOTAL WORLD military budgets combined.
- On April 17, 2012, Obama signed into a law a change in the Stop Trading On Congressional Knowledge, or STOCK Act, which was passed in 2012. The change, which was approved unanimously by Congress last week, means that top federal employees, including staffers on Capital Hill and in the White House, will not have to publicly disclose their financial holdings online. That requirement was part of the original STOCK Act, but its implementation had been delayed again and again by Congress. And now it’s dead. It took just 10 seconds in the House, and 14 seconds in the Senate…
How can furloughed employees get back pay for work they did not do? if a company has to cut back on hours or work days in the week, those employees do not get paid for work they do not do. one more example of the problems with our government. then there are people who have worked for the government for 20 years, have a high school diploma, no college degree, and make six figures. this is another problem. there is so much waste in government that if we got rid of all the stuff we do not need and performed salary reviews on ALL government employees to pay them what they would make in the real world, we would probably not have any fiscal problems. then if we got rid of the giveaways and made people work for their money, we would have clean cities, parks, and a better environment for everyone. unfortunately, you cannot control people if they are not dependent on you. this is the democratic mantra and you see it more in obama than any other president in history. only those who can work and don’t want to and overpaid government employees would have a problem with this. of course, if we stopped giving away billions to other countries, that would help to. thought charity begins at home.
Could any business run like this? This is what happens when non-businessmen are in control of money. These politicians create problems so they have something to fight about.If everybody was working, creating, producing? The self esteem of people would be such that they could not be ruled. The last thing politicians want is a society of people with high self esteem brought on by personal production. Can you imagine the low self esteem of a person without a personal ID card? No one knows they are alive, they think so little of themselves they don’t want anybody to know they are alive. That’s pretty sad.
There are Solutions:
1. Don’t pay back pay to furloughed workers. Encourage them to find work in the private sector.
2. Abolish the FHA and get the Feds out of mortgage lending. Where is mortgage lending in the Constitution anyway? Its not an enumerated power and its not necessary and proper to anything legitimate.
3. Privatize passport processing. If the Post Office can do it, then Fed Ex or UPS can do it twice as well at half the cost.
4. National Parks? Really? Go visit state parks instead. Besides, wouldn’t closing the parks for a few months or years benefit the environment? Better yet, the Feds should sell some of the land it owns to private land trusts.
5. Raise the age for social security by two years and eliminate the need for new enrollments for two years.
If that’s all there is, let’s shut the thing down for the rest of the year, at least.
So what? For years, people would not eat tomatoes because they thought that tomatoes were poisonous. Then one day, some brave sole took a bite and eureka, the first step towards a BLT! Makes no difference what side of the isle you are on, the one thing that I think most people can agree on is that something drastic has to happen. Short of civil war, this could be it. And keep something in mind, the situation will NEVER be as bad as the media says it will be.Do any of those items look like Armageddon to you? Was the sequestration as bad as everyone was saying? Of course not! The entire government needs a reboot, let it happen!